Need Help Initdb: oid8 Error on Linux Alpha 2.2.14

From: "Odom, Kerry" <KOdom(at)ptfs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need Help Initdb: oid8 Error on Linux Alpha 2.2.14
Date: 2000-07-11 18:07:36
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

I am trying to get Postgres 7.02 setup on my alpha. The build seems to go
okay but the initdb seems to be erroring out.
I have applied the patch: postgresql-7.0-alpha.patch.gz
and I did the ./configure --with-template=linux_alpha
But I still seem to get the error below. Is there something else that I
might have missed to get postgres to work?
Thank you
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on pre-existing data directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating database XLOG directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oid8'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'oid8'.

Creating global relations in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
cp: /usr/lib/pgsql/postmaster.opts.default.sample: No such file or directory

initdb failed.
Removing /usr/local/pgsql/data.
rm: cannot remove directory `/usr/local/pgsql/data': Permission denied
Failed.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.19063.