Re: ODBC - adding missing FROM clause entry

From: "Tambet Matiisen" <t(dot)matiisen(at)aprote(dot)ee>
To: <Martin_Hurst(at)dom(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC - adding missing FROM clause entry
Date: 2003-01-02 08:31:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This is quite odd feature in PostgreSQL. Try this:

select pg_database.datname from pg_user;

You will get all database names, each repeated by number of users and a note:

NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "pg_database"

You see, in SELECT you referred a table that is not in FROM clause and PostgreSQL is adding it automatically! Seems pretty confusing to me, but I didn't dig any further, why is it needed or when it this was included.

Tambet