Re: Docs build failure on plpgsql.sgml

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Docs build failure on plpgsql.sgml
Date: 2004-12-20 00:33:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 12:36:55PM +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>> Hmmm ... good point - configure thinks I am running 4.2, but the
>> stylesheets etc might be more recent than postgresql.org's:
>>
>> $ rpm -qa|grep docbook
>> docbook-dtds-1.0-25
>> docbook-style-dsssl-1.78-4

> Peter announced just the other day he wants the docs to be built with
> stylesheets 1.79 ...

Mark's versions are the same as what I have on an up-to-date Fedora Core
3 box. (And I did duplicate his failure upon trying ... I'd not tried
to build the docs on that box lately.)

If 1.78 is pickier than 1.79, I think it's good to keep ourselves honest
by making sure that the docs build against 1.78. We can say that 1.79
wins if differences of visual presentation come up, but as far as the
markup correctness is concerned, better tighter than looser.