Re: Parser Hook

From: "Joel Jacobson" <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>
To: "Jim Mlodgenski" <jimmy76(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parser Hook
Date: 2021-03-15 16:58:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021, at 16:48, Jim Mlodgenski wrote:
> The example I have is adding a CREATE JOB command that a scheduler may use.

This CREATE JOB thing sounds interesting.

Are you working on adding the ability to schedule SQL-commands to run in the background,
similar to cronjob and/or adding ampersand ("&") to a command in the terminal?

I couldn't figure it out by reading the patch.
I noted the "insert into extended_parser.jobs" query,
which to me sounds like the job would be some kind of parsing job,
but that seems strange.

/Joel