Re: Changing owner of pg_toast tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Styles <postgres(at)lambic(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing owner of pg_toast tables
Date: 2009-01-29 19:11:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Mark Styles <postgres(at)lambic(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> Thanks, I managed to clear out the offending dependencies. relowner was
> actually set correctly, but the pg_shdepend records were wrong.

Hmm ... what actually was in the pg_shdepend entries?

Given the way the code works, this could be explained by a corrupt index
for pg_shdepend (which could cause it to fail to find the entries it
should've deleted). But I don't see how that would lead to an "OID not
found" type of message. Also, if you did get an error, that should've
rolled back the whole thing. So I'm still baffled.