Re: Python 3.7 support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Python 3.7 support
Date: 2018-05-05 15:55:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> I have committed this now, since the release of Python 3.7 is soon.
> I'll let the build farm have a pass at it, then backport it for the
> upcoming minor releases.

If you're intending to push this into the back branches before Monday's
releases, please do it *today*, the sooner the better. We are rapidly
closing in on the point where we'd not have a full set of buildfarm runs
done before the wrap. That is not a good situation for a patch with
portability implications.