Re: BUG #18067: Droping function that was used to generate column drops the column, even after `DROP EXPRESSION`

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18067: Droping function that was used to generate column drops the column, even after `DROP EXPRESSION`
Date: 2023-08-23 19:26:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023, at 3:57 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Hello dear postgres community, I think I stumbled upon a bug involving
> generated columns dependencies
> persisting after the column is not generated anymore.
> This convenient scripts allows to reproduce easily

It was already reported [1] and fixed. Unfortunately, as the commit message [2]
says, the fix cannot be included in version 14 or earlier because it requires
catalog changes. Hence, this fix was included in version 15.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17439-7df4421197e928f0%40postgresql.org
[2] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=cb02fcb4c95bae08adaca1202c2081cfc81a28b5

--
Euler Taveira