Re: Having trouble restoring our backups

From: Bryan Murphy <bmurphy1976(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Having trouble restoring our backups
Date: 2009-06-12 16:08:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca> wrote:

> On Friday 12 June 2009, Bryan Murphy <bmurphy1976(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong? FYI, we're running 8.3.7.
>
> See the documentation on PITR backups for how to do this correctly.

I've read through the PITR documentation many times. I do not see anything
that sheds light on what I'm doing wrong, and I've restored older backups
successfully many times in the past few months using this technique. I have
no explanation for why all of a sudden my last few backups are not restoring
properly and we've not changed anything on our database setup recently.

I'm currently creating a full backup of our primary database and will build
a second warm spare with that, but the additional pressure this puts on our
system is not acceptable as a long term backup solution.

Bryan