Postgresql + digital signature

From: Luis Alberto Pérez Paz <midriasis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql + digital signature
Date: 2008-01-23 03:51:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm working in a project which is using postgres (great database!, I love
it)

We're in a stage where I need to implement a mechanism to prevent the data
modification.

I'm thinking on 'Digital Signatures' (maybe RSA) in each row. If there's a
modification, the signature doesn't verify.

However before start I need your help to know:

Is there in postgres something functionality like this?
Does any know if there's something similar another database system?

thanks in advance!

Luis Alberto Pérez Paz