Re: 2020-02-13 Press Release Draft

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Luís Roberto Weck <luisroberto(at)siscobra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2020-02-13 Press Release Draft
Date: 2020-02-13 06:04:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/10/20 12:55 PM, Luís Roberto Weck wrote:
> Em 10/02/2020 13:46, Jonathan S. Katz escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Attached is a draft for the 2020-02-13 press release. I would appreciate
>> any review for accuracy, notable omissions, and the inevitable typos I
>> tend to have on drafts (even though I do run it through a spell
>> checker). There were over 75 fixes, so paring the list down was a bit
>> tricky, and I tried to focus on things that would have noticeable user
>> impact.
>>
>> As noted in other threads, this is the EOL release for 9.4. In a
>> departure from the past, I tried to give a bit of a "tribute" to 9.4 by
>> listing some of the major / impactful features that were introduced, the
>> thought process being that we should celebrate the history of PostgreSQL
>> and also look at how far we've come in 5 years. If we feel this does not
>> make sense, I'm happy to remove it.
>>
>> While I'll accept feedback up until time of release, please try to have
>> it in no later than 2020-02-13 0:00 UTC :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jonathan
>
> s/Several fix for query planner errors/Several fixes for query planner
> errors/

Thanks! Fixed applied.

Here is the latest canonical copy. I also incorporated some of Alvaro's
suggestions, though when trying to add the query I found the explanation
becoming too long. Perhaps it might make an interesting blog post? ;)

Please let me know if there are any more suggestions/changes before the
release (which is rapidly approaching).

Thanks!

Jonathan

Attachment Content-Type Size
20200213updaterelease.md text/plain 6.4 KB