Interface of the R-tree in order to work with postgresql

From: "jorge alberto" <jorge(dot)is(dot)a(dot)geek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Interface of the R-tree in order to work with postgresql
Date: 2006-10-05 03:30:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi everybody!
I'm Jorge from Peru -> South America
I'm new in the list, and this is my first post:

I want to know how can I add a new spatial access method into the
postgresql, I mean where can i find the .h that describes the
interface that a spatial access method, like the R-tree, must have in order
to work with postgresql.

I think that for me to understand how postgresql works with spatial access
methods, like the R-tree, I need to find a .h or .c to begin
reading the code, so can you tell me where to start?

I hope you can help me
thanks in advance
regards