Auto Vacuum Problem

From: "Gauri Kanekar" <meetgaurikanekar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Auto Vacuum Problem
Date: 2007-01-24 08:49:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi List,

When auto vacuum is over the dead tuple are seems to get reduced, but
physical size of database do not decreases.
We are using Postgres 8.1.3 and this are the auto vacuum settings.

autovacuum = on # enable autovacuum subprocess?
autovacuum_naptime = 900 # time between autovacuum runs, in
secs
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.1 # fraction of rel size before
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.05 # fraction of rel size before
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 100 # default vacuum cost delay for
How do I make the physical size of the DB smaller without doing a full
vacuum.

Can anybody help me out in this.

--
Regards