Re: Add a hook to allow modification of the ldapbindpasswd

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add a hook to allow modification of the ldapbindpasswd
Date: 2023-03-16 10:27:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-15 We 20:39, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 06:18:28PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Ugh. Not batting 1000 today. Will investigate.
> I have noticed that you forgot a .gitignore in this new path, as well,
> so I have taken the liberty to add one ;)

Thanks. One benefit of moving to meson is that it would make this sort
of thing obsolete, since it doesn't pollute the source directory.

> FWIW, I use git-sh-prompt prompt to detect such things quickly.

I used to use a similar gadget, but I found it occasionally adding a
second or two to return the prompt, so I turned it off. In any case, I
normally use vpath builds, so it probably wouldn't have caught this for
me anyway.

cheers

andrew

--