Re: csv format for psql

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Fabien COELHO" <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>,"Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: csv format for psql
Date: 2018-03-07 20:08:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:

> This seems pretty specialized. If we're adding something new, how about
>
> psql --format=csv -o foo.csv -c 'TABLE foo'

It's a bit easier to memorize than -P format=csv,
but psql doesn't have any long option that does not a have a short
form with a single letter, and both -F and -f are already taken.
Contrary to -C that isn't used until now.

> Or we could stick with:
>
> psql -P format=csv -o foo.csv -c 'TABLE foo'

That already works as of the current patch, just
like with the other formats.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité