Debugging SQL Statements from *any* client(s)

From: spam(at)infocopter(dot)ch (Reto)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debugging SQL Statements from *any* client(s)
Date: 2004-06-15 09:56:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

DEBUG5 is not enough to log SQL statements

I've set up a courier-imap POP server authenticating against a
PostgreSQL table through authdaemond/authpgsqlrc. I can verify
courier-imap sends its SELECT statement to make a login attempt but
the POP login fails.

I know I'm pretty close to solve this but I have to see exactly how
the applied SELECT statement from courier-imap looks like. Since
debugging courier-imap is a pain, I've run postmaster with the highest
possible debug level but the SQL statements are not being logged yet
:-|

Any advice is very appreciated.