Re: Fix output of zero privileges in psql

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Shubham Khanna <khannashubham1197(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix output of zero privileges in psql
Date: 2023-11-08 12:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2023-11-08 at 10:56 +0530, Shubham Khanna wrote:
> I tested the Patch for the modified changes and it is working fine.

Thanks for the review!

I wonder how to proceed with this patch. The main disagreement is
whether default privileges should be displayed as NULL (less invasive,
but more confusing for beginners) or "(default)" (more invasive,
but nicer for beginners).

David is for "(default)", Tom and me are for NULL, and I guess Erik
would also prefer "(default)", since that was how his original
patch did it, IIRC. I think I could live with both solutions.

Kind of a stalemate. Who wants to tip the scales?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe