OS: Windows XP Sp2
Database PostgreSQL 8.3.3 on localhost (running on windows)
- I like the integration via "own tab" to the Query Tool
- VIEWs are not available to put into the Graphical Builder.
- I cannot DRAG a table to the builder, have to double click- feels unnatural
- drawn relations should have context menu with "remove" and "info"
(took some time to guess that "del" is the action wanted)
- the font of the tables within Query Builder is TimesRoman,
everything else is something without serifs
- the second table is added atop the fist in the query builder, should
be auto-placed on some empty space
- On double click on a table an dialog happens "Enter an Alias for
table without withspaces[tablename]". Not quite sure what this is
- the command "Create SQL" is hidden below "help"
- the created SQL is invalid, as soon as an alias is added to a table.
(alias is used in where clause, but not in from-clause)
- mixed-case alias has to be quoted within PostgreSQL, GQB just pastes it in
- I recommend to transfer join conditions to SQL-Joins, instead of
- I did not find a way to add restrictions
- missing a way to change the order of output columns
- GQB should detect ForeignKey relations between tables and
automatically add them
- the primary key of a dropped table should be marked
- the name of a table should include the schema
- SQL-creation puts spaces on the wrong side of commas
(otfragen ,otformularfeld ,feuser should be otfragen, otformularfeld, feuser)
- if an alias is given for a table, that alias should be used within
the column-list of the select clause
okay, that are the first test feedbacks! I am eager to check out the
best wishes and thanks for the work so far,
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
no fx, no carrier pigeon
EuroPython 2009 will take place in Birmingham - Stay tuned!
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Milen A. Radev||Date: 2008-07-31 14:32:16|
|Subject: Re: test report: graphical Query builder|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2008-07-31 12:30:16|
|Subject: Google Summer of Code Projects|