Re: CPU

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CPU
Date: 2007-12-04 09:40:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Josh,

However, the two extra cores (even if slower), will greatly help if you
> have any kind of concurrency.

as much as I understand with running Postgres in the default configuration,
there *will* be concurrency, without an "if" ?

I am thinking of the background writer, the autovacuum process, the log
writer and finally the connection serving process. ... quite sure of that
"default concurrency" because I had to explain those basic 5 postgres.exe to
at least 8 Windows Admins...

My non-benchmarked experience is that "multicore and postgres good"
(experience mainly drawn from windows)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa