Re: BUG #2648: I can not create table name with capital and small characters

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Asaf Avraham" <asaf(dot)avraham(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2648: I can not create table name with capital and small characters
Date: 2006-09-25 07:03:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Asaf,

this is not a bug. To use identifier names (identfiers = column-names,
table-names, view-names...) with capital and small characters, you need to
doublequote those names.

So you can do select "Asaf" from "Avraham"

but not select Asaf from Avraham.

This behaviour is documented and intended.

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa