enhancement request: add drop cascade to columns

From: Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: enhancement request: add drop cascade to columns
Date: 2005-11-30 14:57:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

hello,

after playing with inheritance of tables to find some use for the new
constraint_checks table partitioning, I found myself in need of dropping one
column.

Within the tree it is possible to drop cascade for many objects, but not yet
for colums.

So I ask for the orthogonality enhancement of allowing "drop cascade" for
columns.

ALTER TABLE XXXX DROP COLUMN <whatever> cascade;

harald
--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare