Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Ajin Cherian" <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Date: 2022-05-12 14:12:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 12, 2022, at 11:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I looked at that but thought that everyone would already assume we
> skipped replication of empty transactions, and I didn't see much impact
> for the user, so I didn't include it.
It certainly has an impact on heavy workloads that replicate tables with few
modifications. It receives a high traffic of 'begin' and 'commit' messages that
the previous Postgres versions have to handle (discard). I would classify it as
a performance improvement for logical replication. Don't have a strong opinion
if it should be mentioned or not.

--
Euler Taveira
EDB https://www.enterprisedb.com/