Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2018-01-21 11:22:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> 21 янв. 2018 г., в 3:36, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> написал(а):
>
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:45 AM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, amcheck_next does not work currently on HEAD (there are problems with AllocSetContextCreate() signature), but I've tested bt_index_check() before, during and after pgbench, on primary and on slave. Also, I've checked bt_index_parent_check() on master.
>
> I fixed that recently. It should be fine now.
Oh, sorry, missed that I'm using patched stale amcheck_next. Thanks!
Affirmative, amcheck_next works fine.

I run pgbench against several covering indexes. Checking before load, during and after, both on master and slave.
I do not observe any errors besides infrequent "canceling statement due to conflict with recovery", which is not a sign of any malfunction.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.