Re: Error on pg_dumpall

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error on pg_dumpall
Date: 2008-05-01 14:09:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

This turned out to be a wrapper versus binary issue. psql was
running under the wrapper. It ran fine. pg_dump wasn't but when we
corrected this it worked fine too.
This is the first time I've run into this and it's the first time
I've dealt with PostgreSQL on any but a Sparc running Solaris. I
don't know if the same thing happens with Solaris, but I'm going to
investigate just for interest.

Carol