problem with postgres jdbc driver and Java 1.4.2 sdk

From: Olivier Crameri <olivier(dot)crameri(at)netoxygen(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with postgres jdbc driver and Java 1.4.2 sdk
Date: 2004-03-04 23:48:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi everybody,

Since I've upgraded to Java 1.4.2 on my Mac OSX box, I am having
extremely strange problem with jdbc drivers.

I am simply trying to update a resultset via update* methods, and I get
the following exception :

This method is not yet implemented.
at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.UpdateableResultSet.updateInt(Unknown Source)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.updateInt(Unknown Source)
at testPg.<init>(testPg.java:41)
at testPg.main(testPg.java:51)

Here is a sample code that is getting me into troubles:

try {
stmt = conn.createStatement(
ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,
ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);
rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from contacts where id = 1");

rs.updateInt("languageId",2);
rs.updateRow();

}
catch (SQLException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Is there any know issue with jdk 1.4.2 on Mac OSX ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Olivier Crameri