Windows 2003 server installation issue

From: Vikram Patil <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows 2003 server installation issue
Date: 2010-08-14 06:49:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Folks,

I am facing an issue starting postgresql using windows service when my user belongs to Administrator group.

I applied patch from following thread to 8.4.1 source code and it seems to be working with every windows operating system except Windows 2003 .

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-10/msg00128.php

I get an error as below

OpenProcessToken : error code 5 when I start as service but if I start postgresql from command line as "pg_ctl start -D ...." Then it starts up.

Please provide some input on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram