Find all instances of a column in the entire database.

From: Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis <gavinb(at)eclinic(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Find all instances of a column in the entire database.
Date: 2008-05-16 13:51:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that you might be able to give me some assistance with the
following task!
I have a database with nearly 200 tables and I need to find all tables
that contain a column of myColumnName.

I was hoping there might be a built-in function for this task, but I
have been unable to find any information through our good friend Mr.
Google or by perusing the fine manual.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.

- Beau