Re: Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support

From: Luke Lonergan <luke(at)brightforge(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg V10: Patch for bug in bonjour support
Date: 2017-11-09 00:44:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey Tom,

On 11/8/17, 4:39 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

So now I'm wondering if you know something the rest of us don't about
how to configure the platform for bonjour to work.

Nope – in fact, I hadn’t tried to use Bonjour on this instance, but had only enabled it thinking I’d want it within my network to be discoverable via Bonjour…

Given these issues I’d recommend disabling the functionality for non-Mac until someone can get a workable solution in place – then at least it will avoid people like me trying to enable a broken feature and failing…

- Luke