Re: hi

From: "Wilkinson, Jim" <Jim(dot)Wilkinson(at)cra-arc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "Penchalaiah P(dot)" <penchalaiahp(at)infics(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: hi
Date: 2007-04-24 12:45:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Select sno AS "SNO",

SELECT value AS "VALUE",

get_sum(value) as SUM

from temp;

________________________________

From: pgsql-sql-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-sql-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Penchalaiah P.
Sent: April 24, 2007 8:09 AM
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [SQL] hi

Hi

I have the data like this in temp table

SQL> Select sno, value from temp;

SNO Value

1 650.00

2 850.00

3 640.00

3 985.00

5 987.00

9 9864.00

7 875.00

Now, I want display the result like this...

SQL> Select sno, value, get_sum(value) as sum from temp;

SNO Value SUM

1 650.00 650.00

2 850.00 1500.00 --650+850

3 640.00 2140.00 --1500+640

3 985.00 3125.00 -- 2140+985

5 987.00 4112.00

9 9864.00 13976.00

7 875.00 14851.00

Any one can tell me query for this .. I don't want any procedure or
function...

Thanks & Regards

Penchal Reddy

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite
Computer Solutions and / or its Customers and is intended for use only
by the individual or the entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient
or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at info(dot)in(at)infics(dot)com and delete this email from
your records.