Re: Using a variable as a view name in a select

From: "Wilkinson, Jim" <Jim(dot)Wilkinson(at)cra-arc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "Hilary Forbes" <hforbes(at)dmr(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using a variable as a view name in a select
Date: 2007-04-03 17:18:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Almost, in the table there are multiple different incidents.

Incident April May June July Aug
Falls 1 0 1 0
0
Roof Area 0 1 0 0 2

Complaints.. 1 2 3 2 2

Etc ...

What I need to do is to be able to change the column heading to have a
different start and finish month

Etc ...

Incident Feb Mar Apr May June ....
Falls 1 0 1 0
0
Roof Area 0 1 0 0 2

Complaints.. 1 2 3 2 2

The only way I can think of is to create 12 differents views with the
months in order and then concatenating the start_month and end_month
fields in the database to create the view name. Then do a select with
the created view name.

Select * from May_June;

.
.