Selecting different views from a Boolean expression

From: "Wilkinson, Jim" <Jim(dot)Wilkinson(at)cra-arc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Selecting different views from a Boolean expression
Date: 2007-03-26 13:36:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,
I have a web based reporting system that I am coding. I need to be able
to view statistics by the calendar year or the fiscal year depending on
what the user selects.

My issue is how do I change y select statements to change the column
output?

Example

Incident Jan Feb Mar Apr May June
July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
======= === === === ==== === ==== === ====
==== ==== ==== ====
Falls 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Overdose 0 1 0 1 1 1 0
0 0 1 1 0

But if the user selects fiscal year the output could be:

Incident Jun Jul Aug sept Oct Nov
Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May
Falls 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0

Overdose 0 1 0 1 1 1 0
0 0 1 1 0

I have created select views for each month possibility, but I don't know
how to select the view I need from an IF/Then/else statement!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks