I’ve come across what I think is a bug

From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I’ve come across what I think is a bug
Date: 2023-12-07 14:39:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the documentation, Under CREATE PUBLICATION under parameters

publish (string)
This parameter determines which DML operations will be published by the new publication to the subscribers. The value is comma-separated list of operations. The default is to publish all actions, and so the default value for this option is ‘insert, update, delete, truncate’.

From what I’ve seen, truncate is not set to published by default. I’m looking at a server now with 4 publications on it, and none has truncate set to true. One of these I created, and I know I didn’t set any values. All the other values are set, but not truncate.

I don’t know if this was intentional in the code or an oversight, but documentation is incorrect currently. Also, the line before, beginning with “The value is comma-separated…”, could use a little work as well. Maybe just an “a” between “is” and “comma-separated”.

Jay

Sent from my iPad