Changing locale/charset

From: Martin Moore <martin(dot)moore(at)avbrief(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing locale/charset
Date: 2018-01-22 21:18:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I created a 10.1 cluster on Debian using UTF8.
I’d like to convert it to LATIN1, but am having various issues. So, it’s probably easiest to start again (I have a dump of the DB).

To ensure I get it right, what is the correct way to create a cluster with LATIN1 encoding, how to remove the existing cluster and how to ensure I have the right settings for LOCALE etc. in the OS?

Cheers.