Re: [GENERAL] 8.3beta bug or feature?

From: marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] 8.3beta bug or feature?
Date: 2008-01-10 23:50:42
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda pgsql-general

Tom

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escribió:

> marcelo Cortez <jmdc_marcelo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> > --- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
> > escribió:
> >> The operation you show is a pretty stupid thing
> for
> >> a mapper to do anyway ... I suggest you fix it.
>
> > yeap i know , but it's third part component,fix
> it is
> > not an option this time,
>
> Well, then the third party had better be fixing it,
> and PDQ too.
> Unless they plan to abandon their product when 8.3
> comes out.

Actually i have the sources but it's difficult to fix
them.
Long explanation: I work in smalltalk language, the
framework for mapping is third party component.
The smalltalk that I use it's not open source (but
there are some open source smalltalks), but the
smalltalk philosophy is to work into one ambient where
the objects live, all code is there.
Fix it implies an other layer of complexity , and I
don't want to take it.
I think is good idea to make 'automatically cast'
optional (add a new key into postgresql.conf)

Best regards
mdc

> regards, tom lane

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa. www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar