Restoring from older pg_dump files

From: "Brooks, Jason" <Jason(dot)Brooks(at)windriver(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restoring from older pg_dump files
Date: 2007-04-13 23:04:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have a data file dumped from a pgsql database version 7.1.2. I am
having troubles restoring this data to a new database server version
8.1.5. Are there some gotcha's involved, did the format change, or some
such?

I have used the createdb command to make the basic database. it's when
I use the \i option in psql that I see invalid commands, syntax errors,
invalid roles, etc.

The original file was created with pg_dump -cou.

Jason Brooks ~ (503) 641-3440 x1861
Direct ~ (503) 924-1861
Email to: jason(dot)brooks(at)windriver(dot)com
Twiki: http://twiki.wrs.com/do/view/Main/JasonBrooks

Senior Systems Administration Analyst
Wind River Systems
8905 SW Nimbus ~ Suite 255