Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure
Date: 2014-06-12 05:18:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> writes:
> The improved test just tripped:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2014-06-12%2000%3A17%3A07

Ugh. If the MTBF is circa three months, how will we catch this before
we're dead?

A quick look around the machine's buildfarm directory says there's nothing
left behind that's not included in the buildfarm server report, so I can't
offer any immediate insight. But I can certainly load it up running some
additional tests if anyone has an idea what to look for.