Re: Index order

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Korry Douglas <korry(dot)douglas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index order
Date: 2008-09-18 02:28:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> Write a function that strips out the characters you want to
> ignore
> (returning the rest of the given string) and then create an
> index on
> that function.

Hmm, thanks for the suggesgion. Although the problem seems to have been that the locale I was using was ignoring those characters when they should have been taken into account, so taking them out wouldn't have helped.

It's all academic now anyway, I dumped the databases on all the servers, re-initdb'd, reloaded the data and fudged slony back in.