Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

From: Vik Fearing <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Date: 2021-11-02 22:14:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/2/21 4:06 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> There's bound to be somebody who wants to grant some of
> these permissions and not others, or who wants to grant the ability to
> run those commands on some tables but not others.
Is there anything stopping us from adding syntax like this?

GRANT VACUUM, ANALYZE ON TABLE foo TO bar;

That doesn't fix the CHECKPOINT issue, but surely vacuum and analyze can
be done that way. I would much prefer that over new predefined roles.

This would be nice, but there is nothing to hang our hat on:

GRANT CHECKPOINT TO username;
--
Vik Fearing