Re: Amazon High I/O instances

From: Andrew Hannon <ahannon(at)fiksu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date: 2012-08-22 20:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Just looking into High IO instances for a DB deployment. In order to get past 1TB, we are looking at RAID-0. I have heard (http://hackerne.ws/item?id=4266119) there might be a problem if TRIM isn't supported. Does anyone know if it is and has anyone used RAID-0 on these instances? (Linux of course…)