Re: PostgreSQL <-> Babelfish integration

From: "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)ongres(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL <-> Babelfish integration
Date: 2021-02-15 16:01:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We are applying the Babelfish commits to the REL_12_STABLE branch now, and the plan is to merge them into the REL_13_STABLE and master branch ASAP after that. There should be a publicly downloadable git repository before very long.

On 2/12/21, 2:35 PM, "Peter Geoghegan" <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:13 AM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I agree. I believe that Babelfish's efforts can be compared with the
> zedstore and zheap efforts: they require work in core before they can
> be integrated or added as an extension that could replace the normal
> heap tableam, and while core is being prepared we can discover what
> can and cannot be prepared in core for this new feature.

I see what you mean, but even that seems generous to me, since, as I
said, we don't have any Babelfish code to evaluate today. Whereas
Zedstore and zheap can actually be downloaded and tested.

--
Peter Geoghegan