pg_log directory

From: "slamp slamp" <slackamp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_log directory
Date: 2008-08-20 20:43:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I am new to this list sorry for asking such a lame question. I
tried searching but did not find the answer i was looking for.

I am running postgresql-8.2.4 on rhel5. Do I need the files in pg_log?
When I look at one of the files, it shows INSERT, UPDATE and SELECT
statements. Reason I asked is because the folder is about 40GB. It is
half the size of my /var/lib/pgsql directory.