Re: dblink ,dblink_exec not participating in a Transaction??

From: carty mc <cartymc3(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dblink ,dblink_exec not participating in a Transaction??
Date: 2008-04-02 15:54:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Jon,
Thanks for the reply.
As i explained earlier, I am using java (via hibernate) to control the overall transaction.
I cannot have begin/rollback statements for dblink_exec.
Only when the entire method call from java succeeds I want the transaction to be commited.

I dont want a funtion controlling the transaction partially. I thought there would be easier way for letting dblink participate in the incoming transaction (i.e. from java-jdbc method call) and commit only when the main transaction commits.
I wanted to treat the whole updates inside the function as one, and let java method call decide whether to commit or rollback.

thanks,