Subqueries using IN

From: "Grembowicz, Kenneth" <GrembowiczK(at)NAVO(dot)NAVY(dot)MIL>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Subqueries using IN
Date: 2000-04-11 18:07:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a database with approximately 2 millions rows. I have constructed a
select statement with one subquery and it is EXTREMELY slow. If the
conditions return on record, it takes almost 5 minutes. Practical usage
returns a couple thousand records, but as you would guess I can't wait
days....ANY SUGGESTIONS??????????????

Kenny G.

Kenneth P. Grembowicz
Oceanographic Databases Division, Code N51
Naval Oceanographic Office
1002 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center, MS 39522-5001
Tel: (228) 688-5675
Fax: (228) 688-5778
e-mail: grembowiczk(at)navo(dot)navy(dot)mil