Re: BUG #17117: FailedAssertion at planner.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17117: FailedAssertion at planner.c
Date: 2021-07-22 14:50:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 00:28, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I'm unsure if parse->hasModifyingCTE is not being set properly and
>> that's causing PlannerGlobal.parallelModeOK to be set incorrectly in
>> standard_planner or if we should just be never setting anything to
>> parallelModeOK that's not parse->querySource == QSRC_ORIGINAL.

> I think the hasModifyingCTE going missing is the problem here.

I think this is a dup of the ongoing discussion at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAJcOf-fAdj=nDKMsRhQzndm-O13NY4dL6xGcEvdX5Xvbbi0V7g(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

The thing that's stalled that discussion is disagreement over whether
it's necessary to make a bigger change than what you have here.