Heads up: --sign is going away

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL YUM ML <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Heads up: --sign is going away
Date: 2020-10-21 17:02:36
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

The --sign parameter of rpmbuild command was deprecated for a long
time, and now gone as of Fedora 33.

That means I'll remove --sign parameter from Makefiles soon. If you are
building packages, please use an alternative way to sign the packages.
I updated my script for that.

As a consequence of this, I'll make sure that package names will match
the directory name as well. like, "pgadmin4-python-security-too" will
be "security-too" (so that we can easily find the package to sign)

This will be in before the weekend.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer