Triggers - need help !!!

From: "Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar(dot)Pyatalo(at)honeywell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Triggers - need help !!!
Date: 2004-07-07 06:45:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am writing some triggers for my project.
I am writing a trigger on a table after delete....I want to know how u refer
to the row that is being deleted.

For example for a trigger function after INSERT/UPDATE u refer to the row
being inserted/updated using NEW like this....

CREATE FUNCTION .....
BEGIN
IF UPDATE(CreateTime) THEN
SELECT INTO ValidCount COUNT(*) FROM PointTable
WHERE NEW.PointId = PointTable.PointId;
END IF;

END ;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

My question is how will refer to the row being deleted in the trigger
function.\
I want to do something like this

DELETE PointTable FROM PointTable
WHERE PointTable.PointId = DELETED.PointId;

Pls help me with this.