Bind message has 6 results formats but query has 5 columns

From: J Ottery <jottery(at)becsystems(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bind message has 6 results formats but query has 5 columns
Date: 2008-12-27 05:47:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Windows XP, Using Delphi 7 ADO SQL Query Component to Drop/Delete a
Column from a simple table.
When I then try to query the table I get this error:

"Bind message has 6 results formats but query has 5 columns"

Obviously I need to refresh the connection or table but how?

I have tried
ADOConnection.Connected:=False;
ADOConnection.Connected:=True;

SQLTable.Close;
SQLTable.Open;

SQLTable.Fieldefs.Refresh;

All to no avial.

What is my solution to this?? Your contrib would be highly
aprreciated.