Re: libedit memory stomp is apparently fixed in OS X Lion

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libedit memory stomp is apparently fixed in OS X Lion
Date: 2011-07-25 22:28:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jul 22, 2011, at 11:01 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On 22 July 2011 03:24, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> I had a bug filed with Apple about that, and today I got some auto-mail
>> indicating they'd fixed that bug as of OS X 10.7 (Lion). I don't have
>> Lion installed here, but I grabbed the libedit sources from
>> www.opensource.apple.com and indeed it looks fixed. So, if any early
>> adopters want to try it out ...
>
> I'll add that I've heard reports that Lion Server comes with
> PostgreSQL as standard, and Lion Desktop comes with psql.

Interesting... I assume that they're using it for something internal?

IIRC this has actually caused some issues in the past... they had some rather old version installed that was being used by an internal tool... if you tried to install your own version some rather interesting issues could then crop up.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net