Re: Speedup twophase transactions

From: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date: 2016-03-18 16:50:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 11 Mar 2016, at 19:41, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com> wrote:

Thanks for review, Jesper.

> Some comments:
>
> * The patch needs a rebase against the latest TwoPhaseFileHeader change

Done.

> * Rework the check.sh script into a TAP test case (src/test/recovery), as suggested by Alvaro and Michael down thread

Done. Originally I thought about reducing number of tests (11 right now), but now, after some debugging, I’m more convinced that it is better to include them all, as they are really testing different code paths.

> * Add documentation for RecoverPreparedFromXLOG

Done.

---
Stas Kelvich
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
twophase_replay.v2.diff application/octet-stream 24.4 KB