Re: Speedup twophase transactions

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date: 2016-03-21 16:53:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/18/2016 12:50 PM, Stas Kelvich wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2016, at 19:41, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com> wrote:
>>

> Thanks for review, Jesper.
>
>> Some comments:
>>
>> * The patch needs a rebase against the latest TwoPhaseFileHeader change
>
> Done.
>
>> * Rework the check.sh script into a TAP test case (src/test/recovery), as suggested by Alvaro and Michael down thread
>
> Done. Originally I thought about reducing number of tests (11 right now), but now, after some debugging, I’m more convinced that it is better to include them all, as they are really testing different code paths.
>
>> * Add documentation for RecoverPreparedFromXLOG
>
> Done.

Thanks, Stas.

I have gone over this version, and tested with --enable-tap-tests + make
check in src/test/recovery, which passes.

Simon, do you want to move this entry to "Ready for Committer" and take
the 2REVIEWER section as part of that, or leave it in "Needs Review"
and update the thread ?

Best regards,
Jesper