Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt
Date: 2020-09-16 14:17:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 16.09.2020 16:01, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 02:09:11PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> FWIW I would like to see fewer modules in contrib rather than gaining more.
> Agreed here.
> --
> Michael

The intention to limit the number of contrib modules seems to be obvious
because
community will have to support all this modules.

But it will be great to have some have some common "playground" for all
Postgres extension, so that everybody can easily
look for available extensions, check their status: which Postgres
version are supported, last update time, OS compatibility, author's
contacts...
I think that it will be enough just to have common git repository for
them + may be some rules/tools which simplify search of extensions.

From my point of view if will be very helpful if such "PgExt Store"
will be available.
May be such resources already exists, but I do not know about them.
There is the following page:
https://www.postgresql.org/download/products/6-postgresql-extensions/
but there are just 13 extension listed here. And I failed to add my
product in it.

As author of several Postgres extensions, I very interesting in having
some common
database of all available Postgres extension and be able to publish my
extensions there.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company